Biometry integrates with existing disease management programs to focus on high cost asthma patients
Find the Right Medication
Not all patients respond to inhaled steroids, and the wrong medication or dose is just as costly as non-adherence. We help stratify the patient based on underlying biology to identify which medication and dose will be most effective.
Test for Adherence
No more trial and error therapy adjustment. Objectively identify non-adherence or improper inhaler technique prior to paying for a more expensive therapy.10-12
Monitor Risk, Prevent Exacerbations
The average cost of an exacerbation is between $893 and $35,000 per patient depending on severity.1,2 Identify who is at risk and proactively adjust therapy to prevent exacerbations.3-9
Guideline based biomarkers
We monitor fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO), a biomarker of Th2 inflammation. FeNO was added to the 2017 Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) guidelines as an independent marker of exacerbation risk regardless of symptoms in allergic asthma.3
40% fewer exacerbations
Using FeNO to guide therapy adjustments can reduce both the number and frequency of asthma attacks by 40% versus guideline based care.4,5
- Ivanova JI. Effect of asthma exacerbations on health care costs among asthmatic patients with moderate and severe persistent asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129(5):1229-1235. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2012.01.039.
- California Breathing Environmental Health Investigations Branch California Department of Public Health https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CCDPHP/DEODC/EHIB/CPE/CDPH%20Document%20Library/Asthma_in_California_Surveillance_Report_Slides.pdf Average cost of an asthma hospitalization. Accessed September 4, 2018
- Global Initiative For Asthma. 2017 Global Initiative for Asthma Report: Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention. http://ginasthma.org/2017-gina-report-global-strategy-for-asthma-management-and-prevention/. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Petsky HL. Exhaled nitric oxide levels to guide treatment for adults with asthma. In: Petsky HL, ed. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2016. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011440.pub2.
- Petsky HL. Exhaled nitric oxide levels to guide treatment for children with asthma. In: Petsky HL, ed. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2016. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011439.pub2.
- Zeiger RS. Elevated exhaled nitric oxide is a clinical indicator of future uncontrolled asthma in asthmatic patients on inhaled corticosteroids. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;128:412-414. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2011.06.008.
- Zeiger RS. Association of exhaled nitric oxide to asthma burden in asthmatics on inhaled corticosteroids. J Asthma. 2011;48(1):8-17. doi:10.3109/02770903.2010.539295.
- Malinovschi A. Exhaled nitric oxide levels and blood eosinophil counts independently associate with wheeze and asthma events in National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey subjects. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;132(4). doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2013.06.007.
- Hanania NA. Exploring the Effects of Omalizumab in Allergic Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;187(8):804-811. doi:10.1164/rccm.201208-1414OC.
- Hetherington K. Fractional exhaled nitric oxide (feno) suppression to identify non-adherence in difficult asthma. Thorax. 2016;71(Suppl 3):A4.2-A5. doi:10.1136/thoraxjnl-2016-209333.8.
- McNicholl DM. The utility of fractional exhaled nitric oxide suppression in the identification of nonadherence in difficult asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;186(11):1102-1108. doi:10.1164/rccm.201204-0587OC.
- Martinez FD. Use of beclomethasone dipropionate as rescue treatment for children with mild persistent asthma (TREXA): A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2011;377(9766):650-657. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)62145-9.
- Dweik RA. An official ATS clinical practice guideline: interpretation of exhaled nitric oxide levels (FENO) for clinical applications. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184(5):602-615. doi:10.1164/rccm.9120-11ST.